Contact Us & FAQs
Please review our FAQs or contact us if we can assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
The URL for the virtual conference will be: https://remoteconnect.nacha.org/. Please be sure to whitelist this address and test your tech prior to the event.
- Chat by clicking on the green icon in the bottom right corner
- Video by entering the Help Desk video room from the Schedule page
- Phone by calling (855) 509-2599
Help desk hours are as follows. Times posted in Eastern Time:May 16 — 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
May 17 — 1:00 PM-4:00 PM
May 18 — 10:00 AM-1:00 PM
May 19 — 4:00 PM-7:00 PM
May 20 — 12:00 PM-3:00 PM
May 23 — 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
May 24 — 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
May 25 — 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
It may take a few minutes to receive the forgot password email. Please whitelist this address (email@example.com) or check spam if you don’t receive this email.
If you register after 5:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, May 19, you may not have immediate access to the platform. However our team is working quickly to provide you access by no later than the next business day. Please note that you will have access to all session content for up to 90 days after the event.
If you continue to have issues logging into the platform or need more immediate assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More common issues:
- company blocks access to all sites except those explicitly allowed, i.e., new sites must be approved by IT
- company blocks access to laptop cameras and microphones
- company blocks access to cloud resources
- company has staff who are using older versions of browsers because of legacy software that requires older browsers
- staff have laptops that don't have cameras or speakers
- another application (Zoom, Teams, Meet) is using your device’s camera and microphone
It’s also important to note that the sharing of log-in information will not be tolerated and doing so could result in immediate ejection without refund.
For more information, please visit: https://payments.nacha.org/code-conduct-events
- Accredited ACH Professionals (AAP) – Eligible for 20 AAP Continuing Education Credits (Smarter Faster Payments) or 14 AAP Continuing Education Credits (Smarter Faster Payments Remote Connect)
- Accredited Payments Risk Professionals (APRP) – Eligible for 20 APRP Continuing Education Credits (Smarter Faster Payments) or 14 APRP Continuing Education Credits (Smarter Faster Payments Remote Connect)
- Approved for up to 18.4 CTP/CCM recertification credits by the Association for Financial Professionals.
- Approved for up to 13 FP&A recertification credits by the Association for Financial Professionals
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) – Earn up to 6 CLEs Sponsored by Kelley Drye.*
*Kelley Drye is the CLE Accredited Provider for Nacha’s Smarter Faster Payments program and is an accredited provider of NY, IL, CA and TX CLE. Continuing legal education sessions will offer California, Illinois and Texas general credits and New York non-transitional credit only. In accordance with the requirements of the New York State CLE Board, this non-transitional, CLE program is not approved for newly-admitted attorneys within the first two years of admission to the Bar. CLE credits are available at Smarter Faster Payments only.
Have a question, comment or feedback about the conference? Please contact us at the email addresses below.
2550 Wasser Terrace, Suite 400
Herndon, VA 20171
Phone: 703-561-1100 Fax: 703-787-0996