2022 Call for Presentations
Beginning with Payments 2022, there is a new way to submit proposals. Please watch the video below prior to submitting.
The Payments 2022 Call for Presentations is now open.
Beginning with Payments 2022, there is a new way to submit proposals. Please watch this video prior to submitting.
Payments is the premier payments industry’s annual conference that offers attendees an education program of sessions that address challenges and opportunities, pushing the envelope on payments innovation and transformation impacting all stakeholders. In addition to being recognized for its superior educational content, Payments offers attendees opportunities to expand ideas for business solutions necessary for a competitive advantage. Through the conference experience, attendees also establish strategic partnerships to embrace change through collaboration. Proposals are being accepted through Friday, October 8, 2021.
You must create an account or log in to an existing profile on Nacha.org to begin the new submission process. After login, under "My Account", please select Call For Presentations.
Why speak at Payments?
Payments draws leaders, decision makers and innovators from every area of the payments industry. Consider an opportunity to share your perspectives, and contribute to the wealth of knowledge at Payments 2022. Join a premier cadre of session presenters, offering new ideas, technical knowledge, practical advice and solution overviews to other payments industry professionals. Suggested topics are only a sample and not an exhaustive list.
In addition to the standard 50 minute sessions, Payments 2022 will feature additional learning formats including Briefs and Deep Dive Dialogues. The Conference Planning Committee will assign these session types during their review of proposals.
BriefsShort, fast-paced sessions designed to stimulate your thinking. These sessions feature compelling content examining critical topics in 25-minute blocks.
Deep Dive DialoguesImmerse yourself! Attendees engage with industry leaders during these in-depth discussions and learn from each other. These sessions will be 50 minutes long and contain seating for 40 to encourage discussion between speakers and attendees.
Nacha will accept proposals for any track or subject.
|ACH||The ACH Network continues to evolve to support innovation and emerging business models and opportunities. Uniquely ubiquitous, the ACH Network is instrumental to moving the payment space forward while balancing new ways of doing business with sound risk management and with a reach that delivers game-changing impact. These sessions focus on increasing awareness about the most critical ACH-related topics necessary to operate and compete today and tomorrow.||Topics include: ACH and ACH Rules topics, non risk-related Nacha initiatives - audit, Same Day|
|Corporate & End User Perspective||At the end of the day, it’s all about the customer. Payors and payees are why we are here. These sessions are for and by end-user clients — practitioners from corporate, business, state and local government, higher education, and charitable and religious organizations — that originate and receive payments. Content focuses on their experiences and needs, and the solutions and business practices to help them succeed.||Topics include: A/R; A/P; Remittances; Business Operations; Consumer Outreach; UX; Directories|
|Cybersecurity & Risk||As payment and operating systems evolve new threats and risks are introduced nearly as quickly. Staying a step ahead of those interlopers or fraudsters is key to mitigating loss to revenue, reputation and customer relationships. Sessions focus on emerging threats and ways to recognize risks in time to prevent loss as well as provide the necessary surety for transactions.||Topics include: General risk, third parties, fraud, risk mitigation techniques, cross-channel risk; digital identity; identity-as-a-service|
|Compliance & Regulatory||Rules and regulations are the bedrock of financial services and payments, and provide the necessary surety for transactions. Although commonly viewed simply as an area of compliance, developments here also encompass innovation, transaction quality, opportunity and financial reward. Understanding the most crucial concepts and innovations here will lead to positive, competitive results.||Topics include: Regulatory changes, legal-focused topics, legislative changes and activities in response to pandemic and emergency planning|
|Disruptive Ideas & Technologies||New technologies, infrastructures, opportunities and threats, value chain democratization and the redefinition of the way parties interact and transact is portending a future quite different from today. There will be winners and losers. These sessions focus on the topics that threaten to disrupt the status quo, elicit controversy and provoke debate in the industry.||Topics include: artificial intelligence, blockchain, distributed ledgers, APIs, augmented reality, IoT, machine learning, voice response and robotics, and digital identity|
|Faster Payments Experience||With enhanced capabilities implemented to existing platforms and the introduction of new rails, faster payments is gaining adoption. Encompassing sessions and solutions that focus on same-day, immediate, and other faster payments initiatives, the Faster Payments Experience spans the breadth of the conference program, providing attendees with a complete and unparalleled examination of the rapidly emerging faster payments landscape.||Topics include: faster payments capabilities, enhancements, use cases and platforms|
Innovations in Information
|Payments is much more than the ability to exchange funds. In fact, the messaging that flows with payments, allowing receiving parties to reconcile data and use the information to better enable business practices, is what truly makes electronic commerce a thriving business. Sessions in this track focus on information flow and exchange of messages with payments, process improvements, and enhanced capabilities by using information with payments.||Topics include: APIs enabling data and information exchange, A/R and A/P reconciliation, and ISO 20022 and other standards|
|Practical Strategies, Real Results||Sessions in this track focus on topics related to organizational goals, sound business practices, systems modernization, payments convergence and implementation planning for products, services and processes.||Topics include: Research results, proven ideas and solutions, and future approaches to evolving workplace and industry needs, and the impact of pandemics and natural disasters on business continuity plans|
|Smarter Payments Experience||New smart technologies and tools are enabling financial institutions, fintechs and other providers to leverage rich information within and surrounding a payment throughout the end-to-end process. These capabilities instill greater intelligence that enhances decision-making and awareness, informs choices and actions, removes friction, strengthens security and confidence, and adds value. The Smarter Payments Experience spans the breadth of the conference program, providing attendees with a complete and unparalleled examination of smarter payment capabilities and solutions and how they benefit customers.||Topics include: smarter payment capabilities and platforms, including omnichannel, NFC payments, technical solutions, interoperability among platforms, APIs enabling payments, ISO 20022 use cases, artificial intelligence, machine learning|
Letter of Agreement
Any accepted speakers will be required to abide with the Nacha Code of Conduct and terms of the Speaker Letter of Agreement (LOA). Prior to speaking at Payments, each speaker must agree to the following terms (this list is only a sample of the conditions, it does not constitute the entire agreement):
- Speakers will prepare presentation materials and present their session(s) at the scheduled time(s). Please refer to your session acceptance email and Nacha’s website at payments.nacha.org for a complete description of your session and the names of your co-presenters (if applicable).
- The speaker will receive one (1) nontransferable, complimentary Payments 2022 conference registration that includes access to all sessions.
- Unless requested by Nacha, speakers must not be added to any session without prior approval.
- If a speaker is added after the 2022 refund date and that individual has already purchased a registration to Payments 2022, absolutely NO REFUNDS will be granted. The individual will only be allowed to substitute their registration to another individual.
- Unless otherwise approved, the maximum number of speakers from the same company on the same session must not exceed two individuals. In the event three speakers are included on one session only two of those speakers will receive a complimentary registration. Regular registration rates will apply to the third individual.
- Payments 2022 is an educational program. Any speaker whose session is rated by staff or participants as giving a “sales pitch” will not be invited to speak at future Nacha conferences.
- No hard copy session materials, promotional materials, or any other object can be distributed by speakers (or their company representative) during an education session. Unless allowed as a sponsor benefit speakers (or their company representative) will not be granted permission to scan attendee badges, distribute materials on session room chairs or tables, or be stationed outside the session room in an effort to distribute materials or collect information from attendees.
Proposals containing the elements below will be highly considered. In order to increase your chance of acceptance please ensure the proposal:
- Contains the names, titles, companies and contact information for ALL speakers. Do not include "speakers to be determined upon acceptance" or missing information. All submitted speakers will be contacted by Nacha before decisions are made to ensure each individual is aware their name has been submitted for consideration.
- List two clearly defined questions that will be answered during the session so the audience understands the information they will gain from attending the session.
- Includes content that helps solve a problem and speakers who facilitate problem solving.
- Features new content or ideas exclusive to Payments 2022.
- Is intermediate or advanced content.
- Contains no more than 3 speakers, including moderator.
- Please limit the number of speakers per organization to 2 per session. Registration fees will be required to be paid by the organization for any additional speakers from the same organization. If submitting multiple speakers from the same organization please indicate how their individual roles within the organization differ and how the differing roles and viewpoints will enhance the session.
Nacha reserves the right to grant or refuse, at its sole discretion, speaking opportunities to any applicant. To present at Payments 2022, presenters must comply with Nacha's Code of Conduct and the Payments 2022 Speaker Letter of Agreement.