2023 Call for Presentations
The 2023 Call for Presentations is now closed. Check back this fall for your next chance to submit session proposals.
Why Speak at Payments?
Smarter Faster Payments draws leaders, decision makers and innovators from every area of the payments industry. Consider an opportunity to share your perspectives, and contribute to the wealth of knowledge at Payments 2023. Join a premier cadre of session presenters, offering new ideas, technical knowledge, practical advice and solution overviews to other payments industry professionals.
Please watch this video prior to submitting.
Payments is the premier payments industry’s annual conference that offers attendees an education program of sessions that address challenges and opportunities, pushing the envelope on payments innovation and transformation impacting all stakeholders. In addition to being recognized for its superior educational content, Payments offers attendees opportunities to expand ideas for business solutions necessary for a competitive advantage. Through the conference experience, attendees also establish strategic partnerships to embrace change through collaboration.
Proposals are being accepted for both the in-person and virtual events.
In addition to the standard 50 minute sessions, Payments 2023 will feature additional learning formats including Briefs. The Conference Planning Committee will assign these session types during their review of proposals. Briefs are short, fast-paced sessions designed to stimulate your thinking. These sessions feature compelling content examining critical topics in 25-minute blocks.
Nacha will accept proposals for any track or subject.
The ACH Network continues to evolve to support innovation and emerging business models and opportunities. Uniquely ubiquitous, the ACH Network is instrumental to moving the payment space forward while balancing new ways of doing business with sound risk management and with a reach that delivers game-changing impact. These sessions focus on increasing awareness about the most critical ACH-related topics necessary to operate and compete today and tomorrow.
Topics include: ACH and ACH Rules topics, non risk-related Nacha initiatives - audit, Same Day
Sessions in this track discuss developments and opportunities in card-based solutions for payments. Focusing on the paradigm within the card industry from both business process and payment operations viewpoints these offerings are intended for audiences representing merchants, processers, end users, and issuers.
Topics Include: Risk, Prepaid, CNP, EMV, Stored Value, Rewards, International
Compliance & Regulatory
Rules and regulations are the bedrock of financial services and payments, and provide the necessary surety for transactions. Although commonly viewed simply as an area of compliance, developments here also encompass innovation, transaction quality, opportunity and financial reward. Understanding the most crucial concepts and innovations here will lead to positive, competitive results.
Topics include: Regulatory changes, legal-focused topics, legislative changes and activities in response to pandemic and emergency planning
Cybersecurity & Risk
As payment and operating systems evolve new threats and risks are introduced nearly as quickly. Staying a step ahead of those interlopers or fraudsters is key to mitigating loss to revenue, reputation and customer relationships. Sessions focus on emerging threats and ways to recognize risks in time to prevent loss as well as provide the necessary surety for transactions.
Topics include: General risk, third parties, fraud, risk mitigation techniques, cross-channel risk; digital identity; identity-as-a-service
Disruptive Ideas & Technologies
New technologies, infrastructures, opportunities and threats, value chain democratization and the redefinition of the way parties interact and transact is portending a future quite different from today. There will be winners and losers. These sessions focus on the topics that threaten to disrupt the status quo, elicit controversy and provoke debate in the industry.
Topics include: artificial intelligence, blockchain, distributed ledgers, APIs, augmented reality, IoT, machine learning, voice response and robotics, and digital identity
Faster Payments Experience
With enhanced capabilities implemented to existing platforms and the introduction of new rails, faster payments is gaining adoption. Encompassing sessions and solutions that focus on same-day, immediate, and other faster payments initiatives, the Faster Payments Experience spans the breadth of the conference program, providing attendees with a complete and unparalleled examination of the rapidly emerging faster payments landscape.
Topics include: faster payments capabilities, enhancements, use cases and platforms
Payments in Practice
Sessions in this track go beyond the abstract while exploring proven results and solutions for payment participants. Use cases, success stories and proven results inspire the creation of ideas and offerings while exploring new ways to put payments in practice.
Topics include: Case studies, use cases and lessons learned, and implementation of products, services and ideas, proven ideas and solutions
Sessions in this track focus on topics related to organizational goals, sound business practices, systems modernization, payments convergence and implementation planning for products, services and processes.
Topics include: Research results and future approaches to evolving workplace and industry needs, and the impact of pandemics and natural disasters on business continuity plans
Small to Large Business Perspectives
The ACH Network continues to evolve to support innovation and emerging At the end of the day, it's all about the customer. From small business to large corporates, payors and payees are why we are here. The sessions are for and by end-user clients - practitioners from corporate, business, state and local government, higher education, and charitable and religious organization - that originate and receive payments. Content focuses on their experiences and needs, and the solutions and business practices to help them succeed.
Topics include: A/R; A/P; Remittances; Business Operations; Consumer Outreach; UX; Directories, Small to Medium Business Solutions
Smarter Payments Experience
New smart technologies and tools are enabling financial institutions, fintechs and other providers to leverage rich information within and surrounding a payment throughout the end-to-end process. These capabilities instill greater intelligence that enhances decision-making and awareness, informs choices and actions, removes friction, strengthens security and confidence, and adds value. The Smarter Payments Experience spans the breadth of the conference program, providing attendees with a complete and unparalleled examination of smarter payment capabilities and solutions and how they benefit customers.
Topics include: smarter payment capabilities and platforms, including omnichannel, NFC payments, technical solutions, interoperability among platforms, APIs enabling payments, ISO 20022 use cases, artificial intelligence, machine learning
Proposals containing the elements below will be highly considered. In order to increase your chance of acceptance please ensure the proposal:
- Contains the names, titles, companies and contact information for ALL speakers. Do not include "speakers to be determined upon acceptance" or missing information. All submitted speakers will be contacted by Nacha before decisions are made to ensure each individual is aware their name has been submitted for consideration.
- List two clearly defined questions that will be answered during the session so the audience understands the information they will gain from attending the session.
- Includes content that helps solve a problem and speakers who facilitate problem solving.
- Features new content or ideas exclusive to Payments 2023. Sessions that have been delivered or will be delivered at other industry conferences, or previous Payments conferences are discouraged.
- Is intermediate or advanced content.
- Contains no more than 3 speakers, including moderator.
- Please limit the number of speakers per organization to ONE per session. Registration fees will be required to be paid by the organization for any additional speakers from the same organization. If submitting multiple speakers from the same organization please indicate how their individual roles within the organization differ and how the differing roles and viewpoints will enhance the session.
Nacha reserves the right to grant or refuse, at its sole discretion, speaking opportunities to any applicant. To present at Payments 2023, presenters must comply with Nacha's Code of Conduct and the Payments 2023 Speaker Letter of Agreement.
Letter of Agreement
Any accepted speakers will be required to abide with the Nacha Code of Conduct and terms of the Speaker Letter of Agreement (LOA). Prior to speaking at Payments, each speaker must agree to the following terms (this list is only a sample of the conditions, it does not constitute the entire agreement):
- Speakers will prepare presentation materials and present their session(s) at the scheduled time(s). Please refer to your session acceptance email and Nacha’s website at payments.nacha.org for a complete description of your session and the names of your co-presenters (if applicable).
- The speaker will receive one (1) nontransferable, complimentary Payments 2023 conference registration that includes access to all sessions.
- Unless requested by Nacha, speakers must not be added to any session without prior approval.
- If a speaker is added after the 2023 refund date and that individual has already purchased a registration to Payments 2023, absolutely NO REFUNDS will be granted. The individual will only be allowed to substitute their registration to another individual.
- Unless otherwise approved, the maximum number of speakers from the same company on the same session must not exceed one individual. In the event two speakers are included on one session only one of those speakers will receive a complimentary registration. Regular registration rates will apply to the subsequent individual(s).
- Payments 2023 is an educational program. Any speaker whose session is rated by staff or participants as giving a “sales pitch” will not be invited to speak at future Nacha conferences.
- No hard copy session materials, promotional materials, or any other object can be distributed by speakers (or their company representative) during an education session. Unless allowed as a sponsor benefit speakers (or their company representative) will not be granted permission to scan attendee badges, distribute materials on session room chairs or tables, or be stationed outside the session room in an effort to distribute materials or collect information from attendees.
- No videotaping is allowed in session rooms except by Nacha.
For questions regarding the Payments 2023 Call for Presentations, please contact: