ACH Network Challenge 2019
The ACH Network Challenge, a team competition — worth $25,000 in prize money — is designed to foster new ways to enable usage for Same Day ACH to improve efficiencies and added capabilities within the payments ecosystem.
This year’s ACH Network Challenge invites teams to submit ideas for the best uses for Same Day ACH that no one else has thought of yet! The Challenge is open to everyone – corporates large and small, small-medium business, financial institutions, fintechs and solution providers, governments and nonprofits. Consider one of two scenarios and tell us how you would use, or enable others to use, Same Day ACH to pay or be paid faster.
Scenario #1: Go beyond the often cited and well-documented payroll or insurance claim Same Day ACH use cases and submit your ideas – either those already in use or concepts still being incubated.
Scenario #2: Imagine yourself as an entrepreneur interested in starting up a fintech. You see competitors already using Same Day ACH and enjoying the benefit of being paid, or making payments quickly, safely and effectively. Consider your product and market audience, and the problem you’re trying to solve. How would you incorporate Same Day ACH to pay or be paid?
Process & Rules
- Teams may consist of individuals from one or many organizations, with a maximum of eight members per team. All team participants and their employers are expected to adhere to the NACHA Code of Conduct and act upon their activities with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism. All team participants and their employers agree not to submit content that infringes upon any third-party proprietary rights. This is an inclusive submission process and is not restricted in any way other than that employees of NACHA are not eligible to participate.
- Submissions must be received by NACHA by online submission by 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, March 15, 2019.
- There is no cost to submit a proposal for the NACHA Challenge nor does it require membership in any organization. Individuals who are members of teams selected for the final competition at PAYMENTS 2019 who wish to be a part of the presentation must be a registered conference attendee. If they are not otherwise registered for PAYMENTS 2019, these parties should contact NACHA at email@example.com once the finalists are announced, for assistance in registering for the conference.
- The Judges’ Choice and Audience Choice cash prizes will be awarded and paid to individuals, not organizations. The $15,000 and $10,000 team prize amounts will be apportioned equally and disbursed to individual, registered team members. All appropriate tax withholding and reporting requirements apply.
- Submitters retain applicable intellectual property rights, however, they acknowledge that they are granting NACHA -The Electronic Payments Association® a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and irrevocable license to use the intellectual property comprising the Submissions for the limited purposes of communicating about the ACH Network Challenge and rulemaking for the ACH Network.
- Judges will be drawn from across the NACHA family of organizations comprising the Payments Innovation Alliance, Direct Membership of NACHA, the Board of Directors, the Board Advisory Group and the PAYMENTS 2018 Conference Planning Committee. All appropriate measures will be taken to mitigate any potential conflicts of interest consistent with NACHA policies and practices.
- Members of teams selected for the finalist competition shall be notified by NACHA by Friday, April 5, 2019.
- Teams that qualify for the finalist competition must be represented by at least one team member to present the team’s proposal to judges on Monday, May 6 at the PAYMENTS Innovation Hub in the exhibit hall at PAYMENTS 2019 in Orlando Florida. Judging will occur between 12-12:50 p.m. local time that day. Teams will be given 5 minutes to present their idea. Exact timing for presentations will be communicated upon notification of finalists.
- The awarding of the $15,000 Judges’ Choice prize will be based on the results of the May 6 presentations. A separate, $10,000 cash prize will be awarded based on audience voting conducted at the beginning of the 2019 NACHA Payments Awards Luncheon. The recipients of the Audience Choice and Judges’ Choice prizes will be announced at the end of the luncheon service. As the awarding of the two prizes is determined separately, a different or the same team could be selected for each.
For More Information
Contact NACHA staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703-561-1100 with questions or to request assistance with your submission.